Sunday, July 19, 2009

Thunder over Michigan pt 3 "The Blue Angels"

Ok...So I took like a bazillion pictures of the Blue Angels, but here is just a few that I thought you would like...Although Willow Run AIrport is the perfect place for this show...they need much better PARKING!!! It took us 2 hours to get out of the parking lot, but I'd do it all over again to see these guys...

FAT ALBERT a C130 J flown by an all Marine Corps crew

I would have gotten air sick with that rate of ascent!!


Photo Pass

Fat Albert does not turn on a dime...plenty of time to take a picture.


And now The Blue Angels...in no particular order from the Saturday show.


Breathe taking view!!


Another postcard...


Didn't I see something like this in Top Gun?


A little fuzzy on the front guy...


Oh no, are they going to hit each other...doubt it...


Diamond formation...


Just the right angle...looks like he is sitting outside of a plane window or something...


Ominous clouds in the back helped me see the afterburners...


Formation with smoke


Sneak attack!!

I think they called this a "dirty" fly by...I think it's because the landing gear are down and the "Hook" for the carrier is down..and they were going SLLLOOOOWWW..



A near miss!! Or is it?


Definitely not for the faint of heart


Classic Postcard shot!!!


Actually glad to see this came out...it is a sequence of each plane spiraling down wards, but the picture looks like one plane photoshop'd...but it's not!!


The last view I had of them before they circled and landed...Truely awesome show..can't wait to see them come back!!

No comments:

Post a Comment